If you’ll be seeing your graduate off to college this summer make sure you consider these before they leave.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care- This will allow parents to continue making healthcare decisions for their child should there be an emergency.
- HIPPA Authorization- This allows healthcare providers to release information about the child to the parent.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances- This allows the parent to make financial decisions for the child should they be unable for themselves.
- FERPA Release- This allows school officials to release educational records to parents.
- Last Will and Testament- This is a touchy but important one. The child can specify funeral arrangements and what they would like to have happen with assets, bank accounts, and social media.